Percy & Reed dry conditioner

Thursday 19 July 2012


You may know that what's in my handbag do a really exciting thing known as a 'try' where you can register each week to try out beauty products completely free! Only a select few get chosen and I've entered a couple times and haven't been lucky, but this time I was selected and was sent the Percy & Reed dry conditioner.

I have never heard of Percy & Reed products before, yet alone dry shampoo so was excited to try a new brand and product! I'm a regular dry shampoo user so the concept of a dry conditioner to compliment the use of dry shampoo's made complete sense! The packaging of this product is beautiful and really stands out, but unfortunately this is the only good thing I've found about the product.

look at my poor hair :(

I look liked I've been attacked with gallons of dry shampoo, the ends of my hair look terrible. This product highlighted every spilt end possible and made my hair look and feel so dry. It completely did the opposite of what it's supposed to do which is to give hair 'healthy softness and shine'. I have dry hair and a few split ends from heat damage, but it normally looks okay and quite healthy, see here, but this stuff just made it look so damaged!

No matter how much I brushed my hair this white residue wouldn't come out until it was washed out. I'm really disappointed by this product and it's such a shame because I could imagine it would be quite a good and useful product to have! I have used this several times and the results have always been like this.

I don't like doing negative reviews, but I feel that honesty is very important on my blog, but I wanted to inform others and see if they had the same experience.

Have you tried this product? Did it work for you?

10 comments:

  1. This is the second negative review I've seen on this product!
    I hope your hair is ok now though!
    Such a shame, but sometimes negative reviews need to happen!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( never mind hey! it's trying to be solved with the company and Holly Arabella which is fantastic news :) hopefully it can get sorted! x

      Delete
  2. i paid full price for the dry shampoo and conditioner, im completely gutted awful products! that £24 wasted! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gutted :( is the dry shampoo no good either then? x

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of dry conditionar but the idea seems okay. Shame that this brand has let you down. Hopefully you'll find one that does better soon!

    arrceebee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me either! i wonder if any other companies do any, would love to try more as i could imagine i would like them! thanks :)

      Delete
  4. I didn't find it did anything.. ha! bit of a pointless product for me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just didn't work at all? never mind hey! xx

      Delete
  5. I have this and it works fine for me. It may just mean you're ready for a trim now. I'm actually a fully trained hair stylist, and I have to implement the old stylist speel here: Get a cut every six weeks, use deep, penetrating conditioners and use as little heat as possible. The product may not have worked as you liked it, but the fact that it has highlighted areas of your hair which need a good pamper, isn't really a fault of the product or quality? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad that it works out for you! i've just had a trim and use deep conditioners all the time, so i'm confused why it has done this :(

      it just made everything look worse and it's no fault of the product that it highlighted my dry hair your right, but it made my hair feel awful and really dry though! and i couldn't get the white residue out and that's my reasons for not liking this product x

      Delete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger