Mac studio sculpt and studio fix foundations

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Mac studio sculpt foundation NC20 - left, including swatches
Mac studio fix fluid foundation NC20- right, including swatches

Mac studio sculpt is a gel based foundation, so it's great for people with dry skin. However, I have oily skin and this foundation sits perfectly, without it looking oily. This foundation has medium to high coverage and leaves a slight dewy finish. One of my favourite things about it is the smell, it smells like Baileys! You get more product in this foundation than the studio fix, an extra 10ml, however it does cost a little more at £23. The lasting time of this foundation is really good, lasting nearly a full day. I find this doesn't stick to any dry patches or change colour throughout the day and is my favourite out of the two.

Mac studio fix is a matt foundation which provides high buildable coverage. Due to this being a matt foundation it is best for people with oily skin. However, one major downfall to this product is how it can fade quickly and cling to dry patches! I love the finish of this foundation, it covers everything and has such a high coverage. This foundation costs £19.50 and comes without a pump included in the price, so with a pump it costs £22.50. I've found with a good primer and moisturiser the lasting time and downfalls of this product can be improved. 

What our your thoughts on these two foundations?

21 comments:

  1. I was wondering which MAC foundation to buy when I go shopping next week, and this has definitely pushed me to get Studio Sculpt! Sounds better for my slightly dry skin! What shade do you have? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that one would probably be best :) i wear shade NC20, however I think I'm more of an NC15 now x

      Delete
  2. ooh i didn't think studio sculpt would be good for oily skin but i may give it a go as i love a dewy look :)
    yeah i agree with you that the studio fix isn't that long lasting :( xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been fine for me, I do tend to use a light powder with it sometimes, so that may help! I know, it's such a shame because I LOVE the finish of it and the coverage x

      Delete
  3. I have the studio fix fluid and as you said it does stick to my dry patches which is really annoying and doesn't last on my skin all day, will be wanting to try studio sculpt!! Thanks :)

    Lauralouisex@blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it needs improving doesn't it, yes definitely give it ago, hope it works for you :)

      Delete
  4. I've been using MAC Studio Fix Fluid for years now and while I do love the full coverage, it definitely is a nightmare on dry skin! Luckily I don't get dry skin often, but when I do, it looks so bad! Maybe it's time to change to Studio Sculpt instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jealous that it works well for you most of the time! why not :) you may love it!

      Delete
  5. Lovely review, I have the MAC MatchMaster foundation and I've slightly gone off of it so great to hear about other MAC foundations xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i didn't realise there were so many of them! definitely going to be trying some more :)

      Delete
  6. I have the studio sculpt one and swear by it! Best foundation I've used and really good coverage for the whole day. ~ox

    simplesophie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. completely agree, it's really good isn't it :)

      Delete
  7. I've not got either of these but studio sculpt sounds really good! Thanx for highlighting them to me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) no worries, let me know your thoughts if you get it!

      Delete
  8. I have used studio fix for years now but i'm thinking of trying studio sculpt when my next bottle runs out! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love Studio Sculpt until it started going extremely orange on me! I also have a love/hate relationship with studio fix! It either looks flawless and lovely or thick and dry! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing. really want to get a mac foundation but i dont really know whether its worth it since i rarely ever wear a foundation. might go and get colour matched and see! maybe pick up a sample or something

    http://studsanddreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe you could try a lighter foundation from mac such as face and body? x

      Delete
  11. I recently got the Studio Sculpt and I love it. I love the formula. I also have oily/combination skin, and the lasting power is amazing. It's only don't last long on my nose. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, been looking at buying a Mac foundation so this post was perfect, thanks! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger