Heaven & earth vs undressed

Friday 13 July 2012

Ever since I bought my heaven and earth palette I have been in love with the quality, price and pigment of the eye shadows. When I started to see little reviews of a newbie in town, the undressed palette, I just knew I had to get it!

Both palettes costs the same price at just a tiny £4, contain twelve eye shadows and are both neutral nude palettes. However there are some differences between the two.


heaven and earth                                                                     undressed

The heaven and earth palette is a much more warmer palette, whereas undressed is much more cooler toned. Undressed consists of 9 shimmer shades and 3 matt shades, whereas heaven and earth is purely all shimmer shades.

What stood out to me the most about the undressed palette is the two blue toned shadows which compliment each other really well. Another thing which made me see these two palettes as completely different is the rosey gold toned shadows in the undressed palette.

As you can see from the swatches all of the heaven and earth palette is super pigmented. However, I've found with undressed that the matt shades (shades 1, 3 and 5) aren't that pigmented, especially shade 1. However, the shimmer shades are really pigmented 


Overall I think both palettes contain some similarities but mainly are quite different from each other. I guess it's up to you what you think about the two palettes, but I love them equally and shades from each palette can be mixed and matched however you choose!

14 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to pick up the heaven and earth for ages but now I've seen this I might go for the undressed instead! Or both ;) I love the way you do your reviews there so clear and structured! Lovely read :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go for both ;). honestly that is so nice, you have made my day! thank you xx

      Delete
  2. I dont think I would be able to choose, for that price I would buy both..if I wasnt in canada:)

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely :) 24 eye shadows for £8! aww that's a shame, do they not sell there? x

      Delete
  3. i have the heaven and earth one, i have done a blog post about it :)
    lovely blog btw :)

    feel free to enter my first competition too
    lots love Abby xxx

    http://kemples.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like the heaven and earth one just a tinny bit more, only a teeny tiny amount! thank you :)

      Delete
  4. i've been seeing these palettes everywhere lately! they kind of look like knockoffs of the naked palettes, but i really like them :) especially because i love wearing neutral colors.
    love your blog, by the way!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are really similar, especially the undressed palette! but it's great if you can't afford them, id end up hitting the pan too quickly so these are great cheap alternatives :)

      aww thank you lovely :)

      Delete
  5. I really want both of these palettes! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own both, and I love both of them. I also notice that MUA palettes have longer staying power than UD Naked palettes, not sure why is that. They don't crease on my eyes as badly as the UD one during summer.

    I'm actually going to Poland, nothing exciting as I go there every year, but I can't wait. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those palettes !! I follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh wow...I love these palettes!!!
    Truth be told, I've never been able to get my hands on any MUA, but someday...someday I will!

    Love the swatches, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huh, the colors are similar to the naked palette and its cheaper! AHHH.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger