Highlighters

Saturday 24 November 2012


Swatches from left to right
Topshop prism, Nars albatross, sleek contour kit highlight and technic highlights

I do love a good highlighter, they just add that extra sparkle to your make up and on nights out and in pictures it really catches the light and makes your make up look really fresh and glowy!

Even though they are all highlighters, they are all quite different. Topshop's prism (which I'm not sure is sold anymore), is a more bronzey toned highlighter and is a cream product. I find, due to it's bronze shimmer, that it blends really well with a bronzer, especially benefits holla. 

Nars albatross is probably the prettiest highlighter, but it's the most difficult to work with! I find that it's very easy to go a little over the top with this product. It's a very golden shimmery product, which it certainly doesn't look like in the pan! Applied gently and with a shimmery blush such as Nars orgasm it's beautiful! Perfect for summer!

My most used highlighter is definitely the one in sleeks light contour kit! Like topshop's prism it's a  bronzey shade, but this time a powder product and more pearly! It's just a really easy everyday, not so in your face highlighter! It goes perfectly with the bronzer sat next to it too, which is great for travelling!

Last but not least is technic's highlights, probably the cheapest out of the bunch! It's been compared by other bloggers to benefits high beam, but I haven't tried this myself to be able to comment! It's a liquid highlighter, so I like to apply this using a real techniques stippling brush. Out of all of them this one is the most shimmery and is more sliver toned, but still lovely!

What's your favourite highlighter?

25 comments:

  1. I love highlighters. My most used is Mac MSF in Soft and Gentle, but I have just bought another MSF in the shade Light Year, and it's beautiful! I used to love Hi Beam back in the day, might have to get some more.
    Oh my god, just looked again and saw that the one in your picture is in fact High Lights....could they have copied Benefit any more obviously!? Haha, it looks almost exactly the same.
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the next thing on my list! wanted one for ages, but i own enough highlighters so i can't justify it! :(

      i know right! looks just like it, i'm not complaining though, much cheaper and apparently it's pretty similar x

      Delete
  2. I don't own any of these... makes me kinda sad :( I'd love a nars product in my life, but maybe when I'm richer, for now I'll stick to hunting down the sleek one every single time I go to boots (It's NEVER in stock grr)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when i'm richer ill have plenty more i'm sure! (i hope, i wish) it took me ages to get hold of my one! hopefully you find one soon! x

      Delete
  3. I'm not a huge highlighter fan, but I do have the sleek contour kit, and the highlighter in that does seem really nice:)xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was my first highlighter that i got into using, it's so easy to use, compliments the bronzer in their too :)

      Delete
  4. I love highlighter too! I need to track down that Topshop one, it looks amazing :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't know if they sell it anymore, hope they do so you can get it :)

      Delete
  5. I love a good highlighter! My favourite is Jemma Kidd dewy glow :) I love ones that are dewy and glowy but not too shimmery or glittery! I have just found your blog and I love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i'm the same, something subtle :) sometimes i put them under my foundation or just gently buff over the top of my cheeks with my foundation brush to make them more subtle :)

      aww thank you, that's lovely to hear :)

      Delete
  6. If you don't have it already, you should try Sunbeam from Topshop. It's my favourite highlighter :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i haven't tried that yet sophia :) i like their new one that's come out, can't remember the name! want to try that too! x

      Delete
  7. Albatross looks gorgeous! I definitely need to try more highlighters - I'm still relatively new to them! My favorite ones right now are Jemma Kidd's Rose Gold and MAC Lightscapade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do love a good highlighter :) that jemma kidd one is beautitful, the amount of times i've been close to buying it is untrue!

      Delete
  8. I use benefit high beam, but dying to try the technic one! Where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh i do wonder how it compares! bodycare sells it near me, along with other technic make up and their nail polishes! :)

      Delete
  9. Hi love! I was browsing to find a Nars set and stumbled upon your blog. I'm your 600 follower yey :) haha
    You have a lovely blog! xx

    Judy.

    judysbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much that means the world :) xxx

      Delete
  10. I love Albatross! :) MAC Soft and gentle is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm currently loving my Eyeko 3-in-1 cream but I'm trying to be careful with it as they don't sell it anymore.

    Love your blog, your bio made me laugh. I'm now a new follower.


    Tia xxx

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nars Albatross is so pretty that is next on my list! My favourite is Dior amber diamond and I also use Mac Soft and Gentle a lot :) Great blog just found it! xo

    Maydoll

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! I love highlighters! The one from Topshop looks great! I like High Beam from Benefit, but I guess it's pretty much the same as High Light :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great products!! Love highlighter!!
    Would you mind checking out my blog? Would love to win you over as a follower and I don´t mind to return the favor…✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger