Elf cream eye liner

Thursday, 26 January 2012


When it comes to eye liner I always reach for my Maybelline liquid line definer and have done for years. I decided I wanted to try out a cream eye liner and purchased elf's cream eye liner in black at £3.50 from their website. The eye liner pot comes with an angled mini brush in which you use to apply the product and to be honest it is a pretty decent brush. Usually I prefer to use my own brushes instead of the ones provided with the product but the angled brush is perfect for creating winged eye liner. 

I made sure that I tested out this product on a day that I knew I wasn't going anywhere as I had a horrible feeling that I would struggle to neatly apply it or that the product just wouldn't be that good. I was wrong, the product was so easy to apply and came out as a really jet black colour in just one stroke. I wouldn't   really say that the product had a creamy texture to be honest, it's quite hard and compact. I suppose if it was really creamy it would run and smudge and be quite a disaster. Overall I am really impressed with this product, it lasts all day, the brush is decent and it's really easy to apply. I would recommend this to anyone who already loves cream eye liners or basically wants to try something a little different from their normal eye liners and not break the bank.

Have you tried any of the elf cream eye liners? What other cream eyeliners would you recommend?
♥

10 comments:

  1. I've never tried elf, full stop. I really need to, everyone's raving about it :) I like Topshop's makeup range atm for eyeliners

    Enter my giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog! You have a new follower for sure
    Katie xx

    Dreaming of forever,
    http://dreamingofforeverxkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have this same liner in midnight blue. it's gorgeous! the amount you get for the price is awesome. just followed you :)can't wait to read more

    My Blog: Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. elf looks like a really good brand always see it on blogs wish it was easy to get hold of in england as i dont like ordering online
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo id really like to try this! lovely blog by the way xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this in brown an really like it and also found the brush to be good too. Some elf products are brill x

    http://danziesbitsofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline but this looks great too :)

    http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried any of the ELF make-up products, I've only just recently bought two of their brushes which I'm really impressed with. My MAC fluidline gel eyeliner is on it's way out...I may just buy this to try out :) thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger