Favourite high street foundation

Friday 20 January 2012


Having ran out of my Mac studio fix fluid back in December I had to dash to the nearest Superdrug store and grab anything that was in sight. I picked up Revlon's colour stay foundation in Sand Beige and headed home. Little did I know that this was about to become my new favourite drug store foundation.

I've tried so many drug store foundations before I discovered Mac, or at least could afford Mac and none of them were really that great and all their claims of lasting 24hours were never true so I no longer bothered to purchase them. This foundation restored my faith in drug store foundations!

I'd say that this foundation gave medium to high buildable coverage and left a matt finish once dry. This foundation is made for combination/oily skin and lasts for the majority of the day. The only problem I've found  is that it dries really fast so you have to apply it to your face in sections otherwise you end up with a dried patch on your forehead by the time you come to blend it in there. However this doesn't really affect me as I have always applied my foundation in small sections anyway.

Overall I would highly recommend this product to anyone, especially if you have combination/oily skin and don't want to spend loads of money for a higher brand foundation and most of all want a drug store foundation that lasts! This is definitely the best drug store foundation I've ever bought, I'm yet to try bourjois healthy mix foundation but I prefer matt foundations and I've heard that this is more of a dewy/glowly foundation so haven't been that desperate to purchase it. 

Have you tried this foundation yet? What's your favourite drug store foundation?

2 comments:

  1. Ohh nice review, I am tempted to try this, I've always gone back to my trusty loreal true match, but this looks good thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this foundation a few months ago and I absolutely love it! I have normal/combination skin so this is great as it doesn't make my skin shiny and gives a really good coverage. I agree with the fact that it drys quickly but for the price it's a really good foundation x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger