Benefit hervana

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Ever since I seen this little beauty pop up on peoples blog's and on the American benefit website I wanted it. So much so that I was willing to pay delivery from America just so I could get my hands on it. But I patiently waited for it to be released in the uk and now, finally, it's mine and I haven't stopped admiring it since.

Benefit describe Hervana as a 'good karma face powder' to provide you with a 'flush of enlightment'. The powder it's self consists of four shades; lucky shell, divine peach, heavenly rose and berry delight and I guess could all be worn separately. Personally I like to wear them swirled together as I adore the light matt pink shade it gives you and also part of the fun of these separate coloured blushes is to mix them altogether right? 

When I tested the product out in store the assistant placed 'lucky shell' (the lightest shade) alone onto my cheek bones to highlight and it blended with the blusher really well. I prefer to use this product as a blush alone as I prefer shimmery highlighters such as the one in my Sleeks contour kit. She also told me that it could be used as an eye shadow, although personally I doubt I will be trying this as I'm not a huge eye shadow wearer and it seems a little odd to use this for eye shadow.

As with all benefit blushes I've tried the staying power of this product is just as good and it has become my favourite blusher. I much prefer the packaging of this powder compared to the older ones. The lid is attached to the box and has a magnet inside so there is no chance of it opening in your bag and it also has a mirror inside the lid. The brushes are different as you can see below the black one is an older brush and is flat and the purple is the newer angled brush. I still use my own brush over the one provided as I find this isn't the best brush to swirl around a square box, but that's just me.

So will you be purchasing Hervana? What's your favourite benefit boxed powder?

22 comments:

  1. I am soooo tempted to buy it. It looks gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could afford Benefit cosmetics, but my budget doesn't stretch far enough! :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend from Benefit let me have a sneak peak of this last week and I love it! Love the new packaging too even though you don't get as much product in it. The colours are pretty!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is so pretty, but at £23.50 for a blusher, it would have to be on my wishlist I think!


    Please pop over for my giveaway, open until 9th February!


    www.freshlookbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous powder- i'd love to have one of my own :)

    My Blog: Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had my eye on this for a while too as i love the colours in it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing. You have made me really tempted to get it and I am trying to spend!!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love yours and I'm your new follower. Please follow me back if you want to :D

    www.randomprettysomethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just to let you know I awarded you the Liebster Blog Award!!

    Jenelizlouise.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blush looks amazing! xx

    clayandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want this blush so much, it's so pretty!xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blush looks great! Thanks for visiting my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the boxing of this product and am interested to see how it looks on, love your blog hun! xox
    please follow back at
    elizamaemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad I came across your blog! Now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks realy nice :)i may have to give this a go, i have used a few benefit blushers my fave is probally coralista xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah this looks like a great product! I want to get it right nowww. haha I love your blog! now following. Keep up the good work :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to try this! Looks so gorgeous!

    I like your blog!


    Love Katrien
    from bowsarecute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Benefit blushes! I always use coralista at the moment but I really want to try this one after seeing lots of good reviews. Might have to wait til my Birthday though. i didn't know they'd changed the brushes too. They look so much better now, an angled one I'm sure will work better across the cheek. xx

    sweet monday

    ReplyDelete
  18. This product looks amazing! I've never used any of Benefit's blushes...I've only just recently bought one of their primers. Think I need to get my hands on this one next pay day ;P

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. it looks so pretty! great blog!
    + I'm your newest follower :)
    xx, Kels

    www.misscouture17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks like a nice blush, the only problem i've found with benefit blushers is that they don't really suit my skin tone. Thanks for the blog comment, am following your blog as of right nowxxx

    http://elefont-at.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger