Nars albatross highlighting powder

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Bottom picture - close up of swatch when blended into the skin

Nars albatross can only be described as the perfect powder highlighter for me. In the pan albatross looks like a pale frosty yellow, with barely any shimmer present and when swatched it looks like a chalky white powder. However, once applied to your cheek bones it transforms and becomes a beautiful, light catching, golden shimmery shade, which really defines the cheek bones. Trust me on this one, it's beautiful.

A tiny amount of product is all that's needed and it picks up really well onto a brush, without it going everywhere in a huge powdery mess. Due to this being quite a golden shimmery shade I like to apply this before my powder, so it's not too heavy and sets nicely. Currently I've been wearing this with Nars orgasm, and even though they both contain shimmer, they both look amazing together. I seriously can't fault this product, there are no flecks of glitter and the shimmer is perfect and can be toned down if needed. This also makes the perfect brow bone highlighter and highlights the inner corner of the eye when wearing a shimmery smokey eye beautifully. 

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the colour, yellow-based highlighters are the best.

    Fusels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really are! give such a lovely golden sheen!

      Delete
  2. This makes me want this so much! It looks so beautiful and I don't have any powder highlighters so really I have to get it, don't I? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Albatross - definitely my favourite highlight xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and I use it at least 4 times a week. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is o cool, i love NARS products :)

    Nafisah xo

    http://bamblingsofnaffy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks lovely ! xx

    butterfleyesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this truly looks amazing! you've really made me want it ahaa! so gorgeous :)

    http://dressingtabledelights.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This actually looks stunning! I didn't expect it to look that lovely in the swatches xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks so lovely, I love the colour and really want to try this, great post


    x

    http://mademoisellecharlotteanne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This highlighter looks lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh im desperate for some nars in my life, this highlighter looks really pigmented, jess reccomended you to me, great find :) x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger