Elf mineral infused face primer

Thursday 13 September 2012


Recently using a face primer has become very important in my make up routine! Since falling in love with the very expensive porefessional I thought I ought to find myself a cheaper alternative that won't break the bank. 

Now unfortunately Elf's primer is nothing on the porefessional, but I wasn't ever expecting it to be! However, It does leave a similar feel on my skin, literally like velvet! As for pores, I don't find that they look much different, a little smaller I guess, but my face in general does look smoother and hydrated when I do use this! It leaves a matte finish on the skin which to me is a perfect base for smooth foundation application, especially if you have oily skin!

As for making my make up last longer I do find that it helps a little. However, it's not drastic! I do find that using a primer will help compared to using nothing at all, as well as making sure your face is well moisturised and set using either a powder or setting spray! 

What primer do you use?

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like the packaging on this! I don't really need to use primer as my Estee Lauder Double Wear takes a lot to budge, but if I really need it I use the Vivo one. That feels very velvety too, I think it's the silicone in it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's really nice isn't it! I need to start wearing Estee Lauder double wear again! I don't know why I stopped! maybe the price! I may try that one as I'm always after trying new primers! and never tried anything from them :)

      Delete
  2. Ive tried this and my thoughts are same as yours its ok nothing amazing. My favourite primer at the minute is the mememe seventh heaven face base :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i do like it, but it doesn't work miracles, i will use it all up though i'm sure :) i really want to try that one! i love the packaging!

      Delete
  3. this primer looks great. I am thinking about purchasing the Benefit pore primer however feels it leaves a little oily, but this looks far better!:)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this isn't oily at all, so it's worth a try :) although it's not as good for pores as the porefessional is x

      Delete
  4. the packaging looks beautiful! I recently bought Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting primer which is amazing but I still really want to try out the POREfessional! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely forgot about that primer! i want to try loads until i find the best one so that's on the list :) it's just one of them primers isn't it that everyone has to try! it is good, but the price tag is far to expensive! :(

      Delete
  5. The Look Beauty primer seems very similar to this, same consistency and really helps keep my makeup in place for a fraction of the price! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I had this a little while ago and loved how soft it made my skin feel! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the same primer, I love it. The texture is so soft...
    I made a post on this primer too : http://beauty-gossips.blogspot.fr/2012/09/on-teste-deux-bases-pour-le-visage.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review! I bought Elf Primer as well.. And I wasn't impress it just made my skin prepared but it doesn't help to make your make up last longer :)

    by the way, do you to do exchange comment? :) lemme know :)

    http://eyahnism.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger