Rimmel wake me up foundation, worth the hype?

Saturday 28 April 2012


Don't know if you can see but the bottle does have little specs of shimmer in

At the moment, I'm having a bit of a foundation break down. I just can't seem to find one that is right for me any more. Normally I wear Mac studio fix fluid, but recently I've gone off it as it's starting to cling to dry patches and fade quite quickly. So I thought I'd give Rimmels wake me up a try after all the blog hype and the fact that it's much cheaper!

When I bought it the first thing I noticed was the shimmer in the bottle and this did put me off a little, but I bought it anyway. In some lights the shimmer does show up, but this is very rare and doesn't put me off the foundation nor make me look like Edward Cullen! I like the coverage and would say it's medium to high and leaves a lovely glowy, dewy look to the skin. Which is great as this is what it claims to do. This foundation doesn't cling to any dry patches or fade in certain areas and does last a full day! However, I've found that by the end of the day, even when using powder that this foundation does make my nose and forehead super shiny, which really puts me off the foundation a little. This might just be due to my skin though as it's a little on the oily side.

I'd say this is worth the hype. It provides good coverage, adds a lovely dewy look to the skin, doesn't cling to dry patches, is affordable and quite long lasting!

14 comments:

  1. I really want to try this but the lightest shade is far too dark. =(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i completely agree, the shade range isn't that amazing! I wear the lightest and that is just about okay for me but needs a lot of blending. such a shame because it's a good foundation!

      Delete
  2. I like this idea of this foundation, but the shimmer scares me especially if it makes you shiny at the end of the day ! xx

    butterfleyesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's very strange, under certain lights you can see it, but it's not all the time. It makes my nose and forehead shiny but that's probably due to my oily skin x

      Delete
  3. Like Shen above, I really want to try this after hearing such good things about it, but the lightest shade dries far too dark. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they need more shades because it's a good drug store foundation!

      Delete
  4. i havent seen this foundation in canada, i really wanna give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried the concealer of this today, it was really bad :S

    Please check out my blog if you have the time!
    http://georgialouisa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i always find that, i love the foundations so try the concealers and they aren't as good! will stay away from that then :)

      Delete
  6. I really liked this foundation until it broke me out :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no :/ i hate make up that does that! a mac foundation which i love does this to me and it's awful! luckily enough this hasn't happened to me with this one!

      Delete
  7. I tried a sample of this and whilst I found the initial application of this to be very good it didn't wear very well at all and I found it faded patchy and made my skin a tad oilier than usual. With foundations though I think its a very personal thing and what works well for one doesn't always for another.

    Becky
    Becky’s Makeup and Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. completely agree! everything is different for everyone!

      Delete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger