Benefit tan about town

Monday 2 April 2012



Benefit town about town mini £9 from larger boots stores
Swatch: hoola bronzer

Whenever I see a mini set of products like this I just have to purchase it. I love the concept of trying samples of products out and paying a smaller price for something I haven't used before because there isn't a risk of wasting as much money on something if it wasn't quite right. I saw this by the till in boots and didn't waste a second buying it. The mini set includes a mini some kind-a gorgeous foundation faker in medium, hoola bronzer and bad gal lash mascara.

I've always wanted to try benefit hoola as I've read so many good reviews about this. The bronzer is matt, which is perfect as I use bronzer mainly for contouring and don't like using bronzer with shimmer in. I'm quite pale and this bronzer is perfect for my skin and most of all doesn't make my skin look muddy or dirty as some products can do. This is easy to blend and lasts all day, will definitely be re-purchasing this when it's run out, although this sample will probably last a while.

I've never tried mascara from benefit before, as I have found the perfect mascara for me and that's No7 exquisite curl mascara or Maybelline colossal volum' express mascara and never really felt the need to try any others. This mascara provides good length to my lashes, but not very good volume. I was expecting more to be honest, as I do love benefit make up, but it just didn't give me the big voluminous lashes I was hoping for. 

Some kind-a gorgeous is a foundation faker which is meant to leave your skin tone even looking, without  it looking like you have foundation on. As I was looking through the pile of boxes in boots I didn't see any with any shades other than medium. I don't know if this was because the other shades had sold out or if the mini set only contains the shade medium, which wouldn't be too great. I found that this product was a little too dark for my skin and left a light coverage, which I wasn't too keen on, as I prefer full coverage foundations. It did actually even my skin tone out a little, especially on red areas, but this may of been because it was quite dark. A little goes a long way and this would be perfect for anyone who just needs light coverage.

Have you tried any of the products in this set, what do you think?

10 comments:

  1. I've never tried any of these sets because they always have a 'medium' colour for products such as concealer and foundation, and with being pale and a faketan hater, it'd be a waste of my money x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a shame that they don't sell them in any other colour other than medium x

      Delete
  2. Benefit seems like such a great brand but I don't have a store that sells it where I live. I do love the bronzer and really want to try the mascara.

    ♥ http://fashionxfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried all of these! I didn't think much of the mascara either, some-kind-a gorgeous just didn't look right on my skin, the coverage was OK but I had the same problem with the colour it just didn't match which was a shame as I purchased full-size. However, Hoola is amazing!

    Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to get this set for a while!!!
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never tried any of these products, so I really hope I can found this set it's perfect to try them! I'm giving away an Occ Lip Tar on my blog here's the link if you want to check it hun http://glitterdetector.blogspot.pt/2012/03/occ-lip-tar-giveaway_30.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agh noooo. It's sold out on Asos :[ really would have been a good way to try them! The mascara kind of looks like Revlons Grow Luscious' wand, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that benefit came out with mini samples, wish other brand would do the same. I really want to try out hoola bronzer. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute kit ! xx

    clayandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this kit, an I was also disappointed by the mascara, think its due to the amount of attention is gets on Youtube, Just didn't do anything special!x

    make-up-by-maria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger